Using gorgeous soft shades of teal with some highlight brick tones for interest Lynette has created this wonderful journal cover with matching pencil case.
Badger Cottage is one of our most popular patterns and favourite class project because of all the different techniques to learn. Techniques include: Appliqué, embroidery, yoyo making and English paper piecing - lots of things to keep students busy!
Download PDF Pattern
- journal/notepad to cover, mine measures approx. 6”wide x 8 5/8th high. *You may need to adjust the fabric requirements given according to the size journal you want to cover.
- 1 x fat eighth tea stain look fabric, stitchery background
- 12.5cm (5”) x half WOF each of 9 coordinating prints/checks, appliqué, yoyo’s and English paper pieced hexagons
- Scrap grey tone on tone (approx. 2½” x 5”), appliqué house
- 50cm x 25cm (20” x 10”) light teal floral, journal outer
- 50cm x 25cm (20” x 10”) light teal check, journal lining
- 13cm x 10cm (5” x 4”) dark teal wool, behind stitchery on pencil case
- 30cm square (12” sq.) check fabric, pencil case lining
- DMC threads, I used #370 green, #924 blue, #3031 dark brown, #3858 faded red and ecru
- 30cm (12”) x WOF of lightweight iron-on Pellon
- 1 x fat eighth iron-on stitchery stabilizer, optional
- 3/4” pre cut paper hexagons, I used approx. 85
- 15cm (6”) zip
- 4 x 1.5cm (½”) assorted buttons to match your fabrics, zipper toggle
- Template plastic
- Sew Line glue pen, optional
- Roxannes Glue Baste It ™ (or similar product), optional
- Fine tipped fabric marking pen, I use a Pigma pen in brown
- 1 x small jump ring
- General hand sewing supplies