Imagine everyone’s surprise when they open this gorgeous patchwork box to discover the contents? Will yours be filled with sewing necessities or chocolates – can you guess what I keep in mine?
A pretty stitched edge that gives the feel of lace, sewing appliqué shapes and some simple embroidery come together to create this fun zippered box.
Finished size approx. 4½” high x 10” wide
You will need to add:
- Zipper, Lynette used Make a Zipper
- Stitchery Stabilizer, optional
- Scrap fabrics from your stash to make your stitching basket unique
- Lining Fabric
- 1/2" paper hexagon liners for the EPP
- Embroidery threads, Lynette used Valdani #8103, #0578, #P5, #0126, #575, #078, #0154, #512, #0178, #P8, #P10, #0511 and #JP12
- Bias strip, part of the lining
- Foam batting
- Thin card