A sweet applique design that incorporates embroidery and English paper piecing for the lid with the baskets lined in coordinating fabrics. This wonderful upcycled sewing basket has been made using an Asian stacking steamer basket.
This kit includes the full colour pattern and all the fabrics for the Konnichiwa Sewing Basket.
You will need:-
- Double steamer basket with lid (Lynette's was 8” the baskets were approx. 2” deep from an Asian supply store)
- Small snap fastener (needle case)
- Embroidery threads (Lynette has used Valdani #O512, #P10, #H204, #H212, #P5, #O528, #O519, #O126, #O78, #O578 and #P4)
- Thin card (basket lining)
- Stitchery stabiliser (optional)
- Fusible web (dimensional flowers)
- 10” lightweight pellon/ batting
- General sewing supplies